Why become a tenant at Ibero Property Management & Leasing, corp.? We provide a vast array of services for our tenants. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about becoming a tenant of Ibero Property Management. If you cannot find the answer to your question here, please contact the office at 561-420-0640.

When is my rent due and where can I pay it?

Rent is due on the 1st of each month and is considered late on the 5th. Late fees are applied to all payments that are received in our office after the start of business on the 5th. Rent can be paid by mail or in person to: Ibero Property Management Office 2930 Okeechobee Blvd suite 205, 33409

The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM. If the office is close please use the mail slot to leave rent or other correspondence. When paying rent please be sure the envelope is properly labeled. Please specify your rental address in the memo field of your check.

What are acceptable forms of payment?

Acceptable forms of rent payment are personal checks (from a tenant), Cashier’s Checks or Money Orders. We are unable to accept cash at this time. We look forward to offering rent payments online or by automatic debit very soon.

How do I make a request for a maintenance problem?

All maintenance requests must be made through a maintenance request.

You can submit a Maintenance Request online.

You can print the Maintenance Request Form and deliver to Ibero Property Management.

You can visit our offices and fill out a Maintenance Request Form.

How long should I plan to wait to hear back from someone regarding a maintenance problem?

In a non-emergency situation, please allow three days. If you have not heard from our office in five days, please contact us.

What am I responsible for maintaining in my home?

You are responsible for maintaining heating filters and fresh smoke detector and CO2 detector batteries at all times. This may mean changing them at least twice each year or more frequently as needed. Light bulbs that are easily accessible also need to be maintained by the residents. In most situations, yard maintenance may be required. Please refer to your individual residential lease.

Do I need approval to paint or change something in the home I am renting?

Any and all changes or modifications to the property must be requested in writing to Ibero Property Management for approval before any changes are made.

Do I need renter's insurance?

As Tenants / Renters you are not homeowners, but you still have exposure to many of the same types of losses. That is why there is a special type of homeowner’s insurance called tenant’s or renter’s insurance. Landlord’s / Owner’s insurance does not cover tenant for personal loss or liability.

First and foremost, tenants should be aware their personal property is not covered by the landlord’s insurance policy. Tenants are responsible for obtaining insurance for their personal property if they want to be covered in the event of fire, theft, or other type of loss.

What happens if I need to move before the end of my lease?

Please refer to your copy of your residential lease. Contact your property manager as soon as possible to discuss this situation in detail.

What do I do if I need to move out?

It is required that you provide 30 days notice in writing to Ibero Property Management. The Notice to Vacate must be received in the office 20 days before the end of the month (typically by the 10th). You can mail this notice or drop it off at our office through the mail slot. You may also fax your notice to 561-420-0640.

What happens if only one roommate wants to move out?

Contact your property manager directly for the necessary forms to remove one roommate from the lease paperwork and/or have a new roommate added. Your property manager will discuss the roommate transfer fee as well as the procedures for handling the security deposit.